2011年11月21日月曜日

Ikameshi


Hello:)
Today I'll write one of my cooking experiences at ABC cooking studio.


I made Ikameshi (stuffed squid) at my cooking school. It was a first time to cut up the squid so I was a little nervous to make Ikameshi and on the other hands, I was looking forward to making it because I wanted learn how to make Ikameshi.

When I saw the squid, I felt it looked at me so I was a little afraid of it but I tried making Ikameshi. I also thought I noticed the legs of it were different length, two of them were long but the others were short!! I was surprised about it because I thought the legs were same length. I could learn the squid.

How to make: Removing the internal and squid's legs and only using the body of it to make Ikameshi and putting mochi-rice (glutinous rice) into squid. And then boiling it with suger and soup based soy sause.

Ikameshi is the local food in Hokkaido and there is a famous for a box lunch on trains or stations. Ikameshi lunch box was born in 1941 in Morimachi in Hokkaido but it also is famous in Hakodate. In addition, Ikameshi had been No.1 of the national tournament about Lunch box at stations in Japan.

It' taste is salty-sweet and very delicious. If you are interested in Ikameshi, please try it.


2 件のコメント:

  1. Did you cook a squid!? Wow, you are a brave person! I like cooking and can touch fish, but I think I can not cook a squid. It's too hard for me... I respect you!
    I am happy to hear the Ikameshi was delicious.:) You are a nice cook!

    返信削除
  2. I had eaten Ikameshi when I was an elementary school student. It was a kind of meal of a school lunch.
    I loved it so much then, but now, I have no opportunity to eat it. I can not find a restaurant where has Ikameshi and cook it by myself.
    I really want to eat it! Where can I eat it around Kanto area?

    返信削除